What We Do
How We Help Our Community
CEDA helps to improve and promote local lifestyle and local assets while maintaining our small- town atmospheres in the communities we serve. We believe community development is the trailblazer for future business attraction and expansion. Success in community development leads to more success in economic development.
Working for the betterment of Custer County
Custer Economic Development Association is a non-profit organization focused on economic and community development needs.
CEDA strives to improve and promote our local lifestyle and local assets while maintaining our small-town atmosphere.
We are your business resource connection for funding options, incentives, business start-ups, entrepreneurial support, community projects, business relocation, business training, and more.
We’re ready to help! Contact CEDA today!
How We Help
- Connect our communities to resources for growth and development
- Business Retention and expansion – Support existing businesses and connect to funding, incentives, business advisors, and business resources
- Create and implement plans and projects for communities
- Facilitate, Manage, Coordinate community projects –
- Strategic Business Recruitment and Attraction – possible trade shows
- Business Start-ups and Entrepreneurship support
- Provide business training with partnerships
- Placemaking and Community Development – actively seeking grants,funding and supporting projects that benefit communities
- Support our Recreation and Tourism industries, Chambers, Trail Committees, collaboratives
- Assist cities and counties with infrastructure projects and stay engaged with The Development Company to assist with bigger projects.
- Follow directives from Commerce (workplan)
- Support Governor’s Economic Development Priorities
- Fiscal sponsorship for smaller organizations
- Maintain relationships with Real Estate Agents and know available industrial and commercial properties
- Assist in workforce development
- Business Retention and Expansion –
- Business visits (support existing business)
- Entrepreneurial Development and start-ups, grow our own (Strategic Business Attraction)
- Management of Challis Community Event Center
- Community Development and project development- Custer County Jail, CCEC Complex-baseball field
- Workforce Development – connection to resources – School to
- Support Tourism and Recreation efforts (Support Idaho)
- Support Broadband expansion
Projects & Funding Search
- Seek funding for Landscaping and parking for the Community Events Center
- Baseball Field
- City Park Projects – Challis and Stanley
- Affordable workforce Housing – Stanley
- Trail Development – Challis, Mackay, and Stanley
- Custer County Jail
- Annual Coordination Meeting
- Support Challis Area Recreation Map – Challis Chamber
- Annual Community Round Table
- School to Work/ Leadership Program (Keep our Kids in Idaho)
- Support Broadband Expansion
- Customer Service Program – Custer County Culture
- Challis Golf Course Sprinkler System
- Hockey Rink Improvements – Stanley
- Stanley 20/20 projects
- Main Street Improvements